Studio One Eleven is an integrated practice of architecture, landscape architecture and urban design dedicated to the repair of existing cities and the revitalization of communities. We focus on design and tactical interventions which improve urban livability, sustainability and engagement. From community planning to streetscape improvements, mixed-use infill developments to small and impactful urban interventions, we work at a variety of scales to provide a variety of services. No matter the size, we view every project as an opportunity to enhance the urban condition that sustains it. Our design process begins with extensive research, analysis and community input to ensure a deeper contextual understanding and includes systematically measuring and monitoring the effect of our projects once they are complete, leading to better understanding of project outcomes and how this serves the needs of our clients and community. We are looking for a Project Manager to work in our Long Beach office.
Has full responsibility for managing all aspects of multiple small to midsized projects and prepares strategic plans for project success. The Project Manager is responsible for the coordination of all administrative and technical efforts to assure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned work. Serves as the primary client liaison and is responsible to complete projects to satisfy client’s goals. Actively manages work plans, schedules, programs, project communication, documentation and project team assignments. Estimates fees, determines scope of work, and prepares proposals and contracts for presentation to client.
· Enforce and adhere to the codes of the company's Employee Manual and standards of the Project Management Road Map Tools and Project Manager Checklist.
· Assist staff in development of industry knowledge and architectural skills. Engages in learning about relevant new codes, technologies and materials.
· Issue and record Change of Service Agreements in a timely manner when requests are made for work that falls outside of the original scope of work.
· Weekly time sheet review.
· Attend firm-wide and work group and Project Manager Meetings.
· Research, establish and adhere to city/county agency requirements.
· Maintain continuous flow of critical information.
· Oversee and assure contract document submittals for agency review.
· Direct the preparation and issuance of bid documents.
· Oversee construction contract administration and attend construction meetings as needed.
· Bachelor's degree in architecture from an accredited program preferred.
· Architectural licensure in state where office is located preferred.
· 6-8 years of experience in architectural practice preferred.
· Advanced knowledge of architectural detailing and current construction standards.
· Advanced understanding of architectural design and related fields.
· Advanced knowledge of codes. Able to successfully complete the permitting process.
· Advanced understanding of Addenda and Construction Change Directive procedures.
· Working knowledge of AutoCAD/Revit (latest version) and other business software and their application to contract documents.
· 3+ years of working in a Job Captain position or equivalent experience.
· Advanced oral and written English communication skills.